Friday, August 17, 2007

I finished reading Harry Potter... finally...

I've finally finish Harry Potter. Phew... I slept at 6.30am just to finish that book! Well.. i dint start early though..

Touched down from Korea at 11.30pm, called my dad, and he said he's just on his way.. (luckily home is just about 45 minutes away) Luckily i haven't reach the immigration yet, so i lingered around those duty free shop, trying to target what am i gonna buy with my next pay..

Dad finally reached at 12.30am, so we reached home at 1+ (am not sure cos dint check the time). Mum and dad retired to sleep as soon as they reached home (they gotta go work tomorrow and mum gotta wake up at 5.30 and get my siblings to school). Whlie i loitered a little, slowly taking my time to unpack the dirty laundries and took a long shower as i hesitated to wash my hair or not at that time, finally washing it cos i've alreay wet half of it and found out im out of conditioner, was going to freak out as i cant call anybody to get me a new one at that time. Then i spotted grams conditioner, which i normally dont use cos she put it high up in the shelf to prevent us from using it, but oh well its emergency now and she's not around to know (she in singapore, my uncle's house), grabbed it and put it on my hair. Smells nice though.. i dont know what brand but it has some milky flavor.

Took around another 30 minute after shower to unpack and dry my hair before starting on the book. (and seriously i still dont know what time is it but i guessed it's around 3am) I kept reading, aiming to finish the whole book at once. Was about at the last chapter where Harry got killed and i heard mum switching the lights and the sound of the kitchen pipe (yes it makes noise) when i check the time, its 5.20am. Quickly and silently (mum will kill me if she knows i haven't sleep at that time), i finish the last chapter before dosing off. Tired, my mind did not even get the chance to dream and the sun light couldn't even wake me as i slept thru till 11am, where mum called me.

Mum "advised" me not to go to KL as i told her i was planning to go and meet fish, around evening, after her work. So i have to cancel my plan and stay home. Then i dosed off again till 1pm, when daddy called to inform that the mechanic will stop by to bring the car to service, and he's coming back for lunch. Then trying to dosed back off but couldn't anymore.. My eyelids are heavy but my brain's not. hrm...

Waited till daddy reach home with sis then only i get up. Then, mei brought some chocolates and ate it in front of me and i grab a few pieces............ wait.. why am i telling all this, the purpose im blogging now is to talk bout harry.. duuuhhh....

okok... hmm... mayb i read it thru too fast or i was too tired that the story did not excactly absorb into my brains, or i have no feeling, but when Rowling put those characters to death, I did not feel sad, nor cry.. I only felt weirder as she didn't elaborated more on how they died. Even when Fred died, i reread the page again to make sure i did not miss anything, but what i understand was suddenly there's a blast and fred's dead. huh?

Then suddenly, neville got the sword out of the sorting hat, wasnt that sword was taken away by that goblin? someone need to explain this to me... And that kissing path of ron and hermione.. i dont understand, I just couldn't feel the excitement.. mayb its just a kids book, so it cant be in a detailed explaiation...

All i felt was im not sastified with the quick ending. Its like somebody have been bugging rowling to finish up the book asap thus she just simply write one... just to shut that person up.. that's my opinion...

No comments: