Friday, August 21, 2009

Statue of Liberty

1.54am Seoul

I just snacked on a kaya pau from Seremban (cold and hard ady i know but i still love it!) and another pack of Hershey Chocolate Drink I bought from mini mart.... do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat do not laugh at me if you see me fat ..................

I asked mummy to buy me 4 kaya paus from her work place so I can supper and breakfast it here in seoul.. Dont mind it being harder and cold.. there's no steamer here except microwave in the lounge but im too bothered to change and go just to "ting" a kaya pau that I wanna eat right now. been into kaya paus alot lately. I dont eat red beans, I dun even like char siu pau now... I ONLY WANT KAYA PAU wtf..

I know.. this is to show you pictures from NYC I just went like 10 days ago or so.. but I havent blog for one whole month! Let me crap a bit ok..

Why I dont blog more often?

Well Im busy of course!!

Busy with what?

er... stuffs... Facebooking, Farmtowning, paktohing, dating, cuddling, shopping, clubbing, SLEEPING, and falling sick? Does that count?

And internet sucks in Malaysia!! Even though im using streamyx 1mbps at home.. It is still damn as slow! I cant even upload pictures to facebook!! I have to FLY all the way to Korea just to upload pictures and blog!!! What am I to do if ONE day I decided to quit this job? Suffering those slow internet days????

I've been staying a lot in PJ aka boyfriend's place this month which also equals to no internet (I dont consider his Celcom Broadband as internet cos there's nearly none existant.. STUPID CELCOM!!) the celcom can allow me to check my mails and a lil facebooking during off peak hour ie 3-4am or 10-12pm.. otherwise.. NONE EXISTENCE!!

And I went clubbing last friday... :D ... woohoo.. shall blog that later... took lots of pic.. or possibly just look it out in FB later when I've done minimizing it's size.. And I fall sick 2 days ago... fever pulak... thanks to mei-mei and also Cadbury... Mei for leaving her fever virus at home and went back to Subang and Cadbury for tempting me to eat it and forgot to drink lots of water and got the fever... So scared I cant take this flight and lose making another few bucks and my Hawaii trip wtf..

And since Mei is soooooooo busy with her Degree and part time job that pays her (instead of tending my blogshop that never earn much or her sister dint pay her commision wtf) I have to maintain the updates on Souled Sisters and also my LYN forums.. soooooo busy ok.. no time to scout for more product also.. (Fyi im selling some Missha Product and Face Shop from Korea.. email me if you wanna buy also ok ^_^)

And previous flight dint gave me enough time and comfort to really heat up my chair, cuddled up in my comforter, facing the tv and nothing to do till im to decide to blog... I have LA flight, which have no day off, NY flight no day off PLUS morning flight.. so... until now.. after a few pestering from Pelly and boyfriend to blog... I've decided to type some crap here to "satisfy" you all... :P

joking.. im really in the mood to blog now.. since im full with my harden kaya pau and trying to make myself sleepy enough to sleep for 12 hours sleep till tomorrow noon. ;)

Ok.. finally.. enought crapping.. back to NYC:


Morning breakfast - bagel sandwich with bacon and coffee...

I've now understand why Americans love bacon.. its hard, crispy and chewy.. emmm... when it's cooked right that's it.. I mean being brought up in a Buddist family, beef is not allowed at home but ts alright to have it outside.. but I try to avoid it cos I get skin allergies if I eat a lot of beef... ie itchy dry skin around my foot and ear... :(

Then we took a subway to South Ferry and walk to the jetty...

See it? Imma comin!! :D





Ms Wong.. China base crew from another flight.. somehow we met up and went together.. the more the merrier wtf..
And you know what, I know her surname only and not her name cos they never bothered to introduce (nor do i wtf) and I saw her keychain with chinese character name and I ONLY recognise the WONG wtf.. so that's how I know her name..














ok can u see the Liberty? I dint zoom in this time and that's exactly how far it was from the jetty...



see it? ^_^


Sitting there is Li Na.. she was in the same flight as me to NYC... that's why I know her name..





The ferry that's gonna bring us there..



But first... get the ticket first.. which is inside this round historical building.. dont forget!!
Cos we dint know till later.. We thought we just get the ticket at the entrance of the ferry but while queuing we saw EVERYBODY holding their tickets.. so in the end we ask and found out how..
So luckily there were 4 of us, so 2 went to get the tickets another 2 queue up for the ferry.. otherwise we will have to re-Q the long queue wtf..


Me taking a self righteous picture.. love the sky!! SUNNIE!!!



Tickets.. USD12
No entering into the monument ie up or inside the liberty... To get that ticket, have to book like 2 weeks in advance online as tour guides normally booked up all the tickets.. and free tickets into the monument (probably up tp the top) are given at 7.45 am every morning... limited tickets summore.. but i guess if you come at 6am probably the line is already long ler..


Look at the queues! doulbe this length BEHIND me!!! >.<



L-R: LiNa, i-dunno-her-name, Ms.Wong, and me...
Yeah.. can you believe it.. I went out the whole day with them I dint get their names.. I mean we talked.. a lot some more.. but never bothered to ask NAMES!!!!!
cos we called each other "hey" or just talk or "onni" (korean-sister) wtf..



Finally in the boat wtf.. after thorough security checks like in the airport. no metals no drinks wtf..



NYC behind me...





getting nearer...



can you see it? :D
excited mei?



Yeah.. me squeezing in between for pictures..




:P
You know... during my internship in 111eye 2 years ago.. In one of the Astro Ceria project for Wworld's Children's Day... I actually retraced The Liberty out as an animation..
Can believe Im going there today!!! :D
:D
:D
:D
:D
okok.. imma too happy.. :D









Liberty's Buttock...

We were parked and come in from the back of the statue.. and have to walk around to the front..


The flag of America...


NYC
Someone comment I posed like Marilyn Monroe here wtf.. where is my white dress?? and the wind??




The Statue of Liberty (French: Statue de la Liberté), officially titled Liberty Enlightening the World (French: La liberté éclairant le monde), is a monument that was presented by the people of France to the United States of America in 1886 to celebrate its centennial. Standing on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, it welcomes visitors, immigrants, and returning Americans traveling by ship.[6] The copper-clad statue, dedicated on October 28, 1886, commemorates the centennial of the signing of the United States Declaration of Independence and was given to the United States by France to represent the friendship between the two countries established during the American Revolution.[7] Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi sculpted the statue[8] and obtained a U.S. patent for its structure.[9] Maurice Koechlin—chief engineer of Gustave Eiffel's engineering company and designer of the Eiffel Tower—engineered the internal structure. Eugène Viollet-le-Duc was responsible for the choice of copper in the statue's construction and adoption of the repoussé technique, where a malleable metal is hammered on the reverse side.[10]
The statue is made of a sheathing of pure copper, hung on a framework of steel (originally puddled iron) with the exception of the flame of the torch, which is coated in gold leaf (originally made of copper and later altered to hold glass panes). It stands atop a rectangular stonework pedestal with a foundation in the shape of an irregular eleven-pointed star. The statue is 151 ft (46 m) tall, but with the pedestal and foundation, it is 305 ft (93 m) tall.
Worldwide, the Statue of Liberty is one of the most recognizable icons of the United States[11] and was, from 1886 until the jet age, often one of the first glimpses of the United States for millions of immigrants after ocean voyages from Europe.
The statue is the central part of Statue of Liberty National Monument, administered by the National Park Service.


where is my torch?


oh ya... imagine the bottle is..
imma advertising for coca-cola.. are you gonna pay me soon Coca-Cola Company?
Im gonna send this pic to Museum of coca-cola in Atlanta wtf..



Wanna do candid here but i dunno what happened..
The Liberty is not that tall after all...

And in movies you see helicopters rounding it.. like damn tall..

On the ferry back to mainland.. I spotted cotton candy and bought one to try..




Urgh~ not nice also.. >.<"




And my room served Starbucks coffee leh!! cool man!


hehehe...
dont mind flying to NYC again.. though for shopping I doubt imma be happy..
cos 5th avenue is soooooo long!!! so many streets... walk so much in the heat... or cold in winter.. i dun wan leh!! I prefer malls... >.<
Ok!! Done JFK.. ^_^

No comments: