Sunday, December 13, 2009

Roadtrip JB-Melaka

If I keep on procrastinate but keep taking more pictures, my "ToBlog" file is gonna overload and... perhaps end up in - recycle bin.. -__-

So, road trip not long ago.. followed Boyfriend for his outstation trip... from Segamat-Kluang-JB-Muar-to Melaka and help to navigate...

Kinda dint take pictures in the early part of the trip.. forgotten that I have a blog perhaps?? *shrugs* Also I sat in the car or in coffeshops online most of the time while boyfriend went to look for his dealer.. so what pictures can I take?

This is pictures of our 2nd day in JB.. before leaving to Muar and Melaka.. with the help of a friendly GPS that boyriend borrowed, we found a "Famous Abalone Kueytiau Restaurant" for breakfast..


While waiting for our orders to arrive.. I whipped out my camera...



Trying to hide my acne face.. T__T

Caused by using commercial facial wash and ended up with clogged and oily pores T_T



Boyfriend's KonLou (dried/soup seperated) Kueytiau..






My soup kueytiau..

For the price of RM 10 for big bowl and RM5 for small, you get...

2 abalones.. -___-

and some other seafood like a piece of big prawn, clams, canned abalone, fish cakes.. and some other things I forgotten..





Some crispy otak-otak pohpia thingy.. hmm. dont bother ordering lah.. Muar got better otak otak..

Wait, was it me who ordered the dried kueytiau or boyfriend did? why am I having Konlou in this pic??

Gosh... I think I need more gingko supplements.. T__T

The name of this restaurant is Chuan Xin Abalone Kueytiau (Obviously I wrote up some notes here.. duh~)


MUAR
It started to rain later in the day.. so we tapau (take away?) Muar's famous otak otak and eat in the car.. :P

otak-otak: fish paste + chilli wrapped in coconut leaves and barbequed
[nowadays they even have squid paste, prawns.. ]

The otak otak was not selling inside a shop, but a temporary motor-cart with the otak-otaks ready/cooked inside a container. Boyfriend's dealer directed us to this stall, they actaully do distribution bussiness, the moter-cart is probably their side biz... So we just name the amount and flavor we want and they tapau it for us. Also available in raw packaing so we can bring home and cook it with our veges. ;)

MELAKA
Night: The queue for the famous satay celup in Melaka..



3rd generation already?

The last time I had satay celup in Melaka was when I was still a kiddo.. followed my Aunty to Melaka for a stayover(I do have relatives in Melaka from Mummy's side) I think I was still 6 or 7.. i dunno.. but I still remember I brought my smelly pillow along with me! :P

After bout 30mins of queue.. we finally got ourselves a seat..

raw food prepared in the chiller..



each sticks cost 70cents..


Peanuts being mixed into the sauce

Now what so special about this? We have to queue for 30 mins to get a table, and that big sign saying there's no other branch by Satay Capitol? I dont know! REally! But for 3 generations it has been famous with a lot of celebrities coming in to try... Lack of pictures here but the walls in the small shop are filled with pictures of celebrities and food expert from all over the world!

Satay, (food stuck into a bamboo stick and we celup(dip) them into a pot of thick sauce boiling in the middle of the table..

So yeah, their tables are special made, with a hole in the middle and our legs are pretty heated by the stove underneath the table.. -__-










After a while, the waitress maid (I kinda dont wanna call them waitress.. they are indon maid afterall~) put a few sticks of abalones onto our table.. lol.. if these abalones are placed in the chiller.. pretty much ALL of us will take only the abalones.. although yeah, these are the canned ones.. ;)

The prawn wasnt that bad.. hmm..
but really, i dont find it really delicious or so special... *shrugs*

If you wanna go, the shop is located in Jalan Cina and it opens from 5pm.. go earlier.. the later you go the longer the queue..


The next day, we decided to have our brunch first before boyfriend visit his last dealer in Melaka and we head home...



Duh... Chicken Rice Ball...
Just chicken rice, rolled into a ball... something different from our normal chicken rice. :)


When I came to Melaka as a kid and had this, I felt so special! I mean instead of normal plate of rice, I get a few rice balls to eat! :P


Then... we head on to a nearby jonker88 shop for cendol...

This shop is just so antique.. hmm.. :)




1 normal cendol and 1 durian cendol.. ^_^


:)

End of Melaka..

Oh, we even managed to catch 2012 in Dataran Pahlawan (Boyfriend's dealer is in Mahkota Parade, so after that we went opposite to walk around, since I never been there)

*Now, daddy said wanna go Melaka this trip home.. -__-*

No comments: