Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Herbalife (Malaysia) - Review after one year


 FYI: http://www.stealthsecrets.com/herbalife-review-is-it-a-good-business-opportunity/

There are many usage for Herbalife shakes:

Drink it to slim down
Drink to keep fit
Drink to gain weight... what else? lol..

I started Herbalife since Feb 2013 - after CNY, and was pregnant with Alivia @2nd month.

Wanted to have a healthy eating lifestyle and diet for me and my pregnancy (during my pregnancy with Annabell I got really fat and water retention... thanks... Anmum!) and my bestie keep telling how I should start now as it benefits my baby as well as me, and even after giving birth I will help me to slim down faster... and...

that time I just got my bonus so have extra moolah... i decided to try... hehehe

if you read my post here, last year I said I have once joined HB before like 10years back when I was still a student... I PAID RM80 for their membership but no money to buy their product so my money just GONE like that... T_T



the pros & cons for joining HB now and previous:

Now: They have health clubs to mix your drink for you. Good for lazy people (like me) or busy people (like me... lol) as drink is served for you at a price.
-so you pay their montly fee - in my case RM360 for 30days (equivalent to RM12 per cup)  their card are like a attendance card with boxes to be ticked off, so everytime you come to drink they sign on a box. In my case:- I dont/cant come everyday (sometimes late for work sometimes lazy and I wanna EAT breakfast) so my card can stand for like 45days instead of 30 days... hahaha..  or if you dont want to pay that much, you can pay for your cup daily @ RM14... RM2 more expensive.. you count the maths. update: they have now shifted and thier new card is RM120 for 10 times, finish 10 you buy another 10....
Then: Join member, go to their motivation courses, buy products to drink it yourself. Just like that. Water + Shake. If you just started you get hungry so fast cos the shake is too light for those who normally have normal breakfast.

Now: Shared fruits.
- They used to cook barley everyday (and cool it down) and put in 2 scoops to the shake for more fulfilling meal. And also fruits of the day. So they can buy a whole watermelon and since so many people drink the shake daily, the watermelon finishes in a day. Only that they don't have luxurious fruits like peach, strawberries, avocado la.. too high cost.. lol.. if you buy a watermelon at home, how soon can you finish the fruit? Don't say watermelon, apple also cant finish in one shake right!
But now they have newer strategy: 2 scoops of Oats, and a banana... They said they copied vietnam style, and focus on the nutrition in the shake and not the additional fruits. but I believe it is cut cost, and less work.


 Now: They have additional Protein to add to the shake to promote muscle growth. Also have other products to boost their shakes like Omega3, Aloe drinks, teas etc..
Then: Im not sure they have these things or not 10 years ago... no money to buy then T_T


Now & Then: Price. They are not cheap. If you are not a member you buy them at retail price (wondering can I annouced the price or not?) Join member and you be at distributor level and get them at 25% cheaper.. and for even more discounts you have to buy like A LOT (im talking few thousands Ringgit), earn 500vp points to be at Senior Consultant level. and they have many more level where you need to maintain a certain point every month else you wont get more discounts. Their member price is a yearly thing..

I joined their membership.. but then I found out I wasnt/are not capable to be that active to level up ( I am still at distributor's level now cos I only buy and drink them myself) Im not sure why but my circle of friends are either those who dont believe in MLM or just couldn't afford.. I tried to ask them to join but they never "appear" so I'll just leave it at that.

Since my bestie joined and have a few supporters, she managed to level up to Senior Consultant and there I buy my products from her account... my advise is no need join member unless you are 100% sure you can work up from there and make herbalife your income source. But provided your upline willing to let you use their account to buy the products la.. if your upline not willing what can you do right? (I heard its "illegal" to share account lar... but those are rumours so that everybody must join member ma)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brent-a-wilkes/herbalife-a-pyramid-scheme_b_4220426.html

I guess I am one of those who quits.. lol!

Im not saying their product is bad, just expensive for a normal, normal low income person, . Diets are expensive. Only few can afford. If not how they can manage to have such a BIG Corperation right? How your upline get incomes right?  No $? Do it naturally - eat less, eat healthy, stay away from fast foods and high carbs food, rest more, drink more water, work out.. eventually you can lose the fats.. but more hard work lor..

Did it work for me?

Hmmm...  50/50

I did not get bloated during pregnancy, which is good... but of course, I did gain weight.. But I never follow their "proper" way lar, I only took it to replace breakfast. In the begining I drank it at 8.30am but got hungry by 11am.. now.. I manage to wait until 1pm lunch time. The "proper" way was morning 1 shake, 4pm 1 shake, before sleep 1 shake at night.. but eating like that will cos a BOMB... so.. yeah

As I write this post, Alivia is 4months. I slimmed down quicker compared to Annabell's time, but I still have that baby bump like I'm 4months pregnant...lol... I still did not/couldn't follow their proper way.. lol.. I prefer to EAT FOOD than DRINK FOOD..

hahahaha... yeah... that's probably me and my reasons..


No comments: