Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I'm stingy, but I couldn't bear to let my kids put this on anymore!

I couldn't believe it at first... Malaysia's most favourite baby lotion (J&J) is a safety hazzard product. (link1)-dated 28/5/2013  (link2)-dated 13/8/2013 And most of us bought it to use on our newborn's delicate skins..

Annabell pretty much finished TWO LARGE bottles... and a few more bottles of those travel sized...
Thank goodness Annabell's skin didnt have any reaction to them.. Because Annabell have no reactions, so I got the same brand for Alivia and started using it since she got back from the hospital (Annabell started using J&J like around 5-6mths as I got 2 bottles of organic lotions on sale during mother expo.. it was good, but expensive, so I switch!)  

But due to Alivia's body more prone to sensivity/redness, she tends to have red patches around her body... We thought it was ezcema.. and very hardworking-ly slab on a lot of those ezcema creams.. sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.. and I heard (not yet done my own research ) those ezcema creams doctor gave HAVE Steroids too! and then from red it became white patches.. We still think it was ezcema, and doctor said it will go off later..

Then.. J&J lotion finished, and I didnt have time to buy another bottle (if you know my story) I managed to find some leftover bottles of organic lotions (no idea who gave or left it at home, not expired yet, probably left by MIL day-care babies) and used it on Alivia. The first tube was Sebamed. But I hated its thick consistency. My hand could never "slide" over my baby's body.. felt like Im rubbing her instead =_="

So I tried the Bud Everyday cream and yes, smells nice, smooth and guess what? Alivia's body have lesser and lesser red pathces!   What else? Maybe Alivia is sensitive to some ingredients in J&J lotion.. So I got myself another tube of Bud's Everyday Organics Baby Cream. Waaaaaay more expensive than J&J (J&J retails RM20~ for 500ml then, Buds RM35.9 for 150ml on a discounted online website and RM50++ on baby shop...) but what to do right?


Anyway.. Since Annabell started daycare(another story, another time), I thought she need lotions after her bath there (I've stopped applying lotion to Annabell since she is around 2years old, MIL said she apply it once in a while, but since somebody is applying her lotion, why not? heheh..) and there isn't any J&J lotions at home anymore, I went out to get a tube. The pharmacy have a varieties of normal lotions, so I thought I check out their ingredients and see which is the best..

To my HORROR... they all contain cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol (ain't alcohol evaporates and leaves your skin even drier????) fragrance(it is fine, but link1 said J&J had a lot of fragrance in it that it scales a dangerous no8 (1 is the safetest), Dimethicone(What? Link said danger level 3 and " a silicone-derived emollient, is that its occlusive nature (meaning that it coats the skin with an impenetrable layer) can cause irritation when sweat gets trapped underneath. Not only are synthetic silicones non-biodegradable, but they also may accumulate in the liver and lymph nodes, where they may foster the growth of tumors." TUMORS?? OMG Mother F! ), Methylparaben, ethylparaben! propylparaben! (PARABEN!) OMG I dont even..! , Titanium Dioxide!? Aluminium Hydroxide?? ALUMINIUM in BABY'S LOTION???  Acetate??? I use acetate to remove nail polish!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
 

Not advertising (I dont get money from them anyway, I PAY them for their lotions) but do you know what's in Buds Everyday Organics Baby Cream?

"aqua/water,
aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, -aloevera
simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil*,
butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit*,
olea europaea (olive) oil*,
cetearyl olivate,
sorbitan olivate,
portulaca oleracea extract,
fructan,
tocopherol,
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil,
olea europea (olive) leaf extract,
lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*,
pelargonium (geranium) graveolens oil*,
parfum/perfume,
phytic acid,
sodium benzoate,
potassium sorbate.

parfum made from essential oils
*ingredients from organic farming
99.6% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
20.0% of the total ingredients are from organic farming
99.3% of the plant ingredients are from organic farming"
In the online shop I shop, Buds is the most economy organic lotion for babies.

Im so spending more $$ on Organic lotions for my babies T_T Sorry Annabell mummy put poison on you for such a long time TT____TT

Please let me know if you can find even better and cheaper organic lotions  (apart from making it myself -_-")


No comments: