Sunday, January 20, 2008

Buffy's dead

and i dunno why..



got a message from my sis, found Buffy dead. And she dint even know when too.. She just noticed it just now but its already dead.



oh.. Buffy is.... - was.. my pet hamster...






it would be his 3rd year this year if he still survives.. i bet he died of old age... cos my sis told me he's still active last night... unless... something bit it?





I bought it just a few months before i graduate (2006) and during that time, i had no intention of getting a hamster at all..


I was just accompanying my friend Gie, to the pet shop to get his pet 's food and i stumbled upon the aquarium where there were so many draft hamsters!! *oh-so-cute!!*



That time i guess they were only a month old, where the size i can grab and close my whole hand on it!


So while waiting for my friend, i played with it... I put my finger in the aquarium and buffy, came over trying to catch it! ;-)



Normally, hamsters will just try to come over and bit it. but instead, buffy try to catch it - with its 2 front paw!! my finger was too high for it to catch, so it kept tumbling down on its back. but then, it'll climb back up and catch again, and fall again, and catch again and.... it keeps going...

it was so cute, it melts my heart! there and then i decided to buy it home. In addition, the shop owner gave me discounts cos my friend Gie was his regular customer! Got it a small plastic aquarium and food there.



I had buffy for a few months in my then KL home but brought it back to my hometown after a few months as it was a semester holiday and no one will be around ti feed it then. And when i got it home, my sister fall in love with it and I had left it there for her to take care.



That was more than a year ago. So far, buffy's life in my sister's hand (and partly mum's hand) was good. it constantly gets fresh food to eat, sometimes it just wont touch its own food. As i already had a cage from my previous hamster (died of old age as well, at the age of 3... ) I just added a smaller wheel for buffy (its a draft, i dont think it can move the big wheel i had) and a water tumbler.



Hey, it even know how to swim! thanks to the evil me... haha... i always bath it - regularly like once a week, so it wont smell too bad when i play with it... and normally after its bath, i'll put a little water and it will paddle a little to look for a dry place... evil evil me! *wuahaha!!!*

wanna see the vid?



there...




sorry it's in cantonese... and the funny voices... i was just recording for fun then to show my siblings and to keep... never know it'll be useful till today... ;)



And oh, why was it named buffy... i guessed you guys watched buffy the vampire slayer before.. ehem... i did not... just some how the name occurred to me and i decided to name it. And buffy is a MALE. while the character in the series is a girl..



Well, when i had buffy, as i said, it was only a month old, and you couldnt really see a hamster's sex during then.. so I thought it was a female.. but then as it grew bigger, male part starts to emerge... all these while I've always choose female hamster as my pet as the reason males have extra part which i dont like (ppl who have hamsters before will understand) but oh well, i choose buffy for its cuteness.. not sex.. and somehow its a male..



And he was a special one as most of my hamsters, in the begining, bites.. till bleed. but buffy did not... especially its a male, shouldn't it be more ferocious? did i spell it right? hmm... anyway... rest in peace buffy...




ps: at post time, buffy is still in the cage, cold and harden, cos sis only gonna touch it tomorrow for her style of burial.. and owh she is reading this!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

usually male hamsters are more timid and female hamsters are fierce.. ehhe..