Wednesday, June 11, 2008

~ Hawaii ~~

Aloha!!

Found this cute girl pic from the internet.. :P

Should have blog this exciting entry since 3 days ago from korea!! (well, dint bring laptop to hawaii and no free internet there too) but I went downtown shopping during my day off in korea instead so dint have the time/have the time but too lazy... :-/


Hawaii was like(it is still now) my dream place to go, its the dream paradise. Who would expect I get to go?? I was planning maybe Hawaii for my honeymoon! which is in YEARS to come... :D

Before going to for the flight my excitement level was 13/10. The flight was a night flight but due to the reason i was late last london trip, i was soooooo worried that the same thing will happen again, keep waking up to check the time, dreaming to wake up and cheeck the time, keep checking and recheck the departure time, in the internet, in the office wtf -____-

Then, that 8 hours flight to hawaii like taking ages! like longer than 14 hours of atlanta flight!

When we reach our layover hotel, I was even more excited that our room (flew with Thai crew name Ness, her story later) was Penthouse B!! Penthouse!! to later Ness told me it's penthouse cos its the highest floor, but not the biggest room -____- excitement level dropped to 12/10...

anyway, damn excited, reach room only remove my scarf, took my camera and ran to the balcony...

hair pin also forgot to remove -_______-


forgot to take the pic of the hotel, so there goes, from the bed sheet... :P


self timer to show my bed... lmao...

but then I was a lil tired, so I took my nap. It is 12pm in hawaii but it is actually 6am the next day in Malaysia! 18 hours of difference! It was a lil hard to calculate at first but well, got it after all.. :) I slept till 5pm, and went to the convenience store downstairs to get my dinner and snack cos apparently some senior told me customs in Hawaii are extra strict in outside food allowance so I brought NOTHING to hawaii, making me spend a few more bux on food. oh well..


Then I couldn't sleep anymore, while Ness was damn tired and slept cos she woke up at 3pm and said she's only going to the post office but she told me she went swimming after that. WITHOUT ME!!!! So disappointed, went to walk on the street - ALONE - but its ok la, lots of people and shops out there... though did approached by a European trying to buy me coffee and dunno what after that -______-


So happen there was a firework display that night, for dunno what occasion, but everyone stopped and watched.. :)

including him.


I dint get his front face, but he's painted from top to toe GOLD. and just stand there frozen with a tong in front of him and expect some cash. -___________- will take his pic again the next trip and show..

then walked into this area near a food court and there were some dancing going on..


pic a lil blur cos not using flash and they are moving!


some street musicians with hawaiian music.


Kinda pathetic that night, cos Ness left me alone on my first trip to hawaii, no one to accompany me and take pictures for me. It would be even more pathetic that I cam whore alone on the streets cos NO ONE GO HAWAII ALONE!!! :(((

Anyway, the next day, woke up at 5am, watch the sun rise, and decided to go for a swim in the pacific ocean!

Ness left me again, cos she plans to go downtown. (she's been to hawaii lots of times)

if you can see those tiny dots, they are surfers waiting for the big waves...


my sun dress.. haha.. bought from the store last night.


Im wearing bikini inside but I just dont feel like posting them here.. may blind your eyes... :P

Of course, before dipping myself, gotta cam whore!!











my plastic leis, bought last night too. :P that i need to cam whore with to show you the hawaiian feel~ lol...

they sell real leis, made with bunga melur, but its too expensive and they can die. plastics are better.. :P


No pics on the beach, cos I went alone, dint wanna bring any valuables along.. anyway I only soaked myself for 15 minutes in the clear blue sea cos it was boring to swim alone. Dint wanna sunbathe alone too so I went back to the hotel and shower T______T

Luckily, Mei Yin arrived and its her first time to hawaii too - ever since she started working 8 years ago..!! So excitedly, she skipped her rest and joined me to shopping in Alamoana. Biggest shopping in Hawaii. I'll show more shopping pics next trip, too excited to shop forgot to take picture.. :P


After the big Alamoana, we walk around the streets some more;


where stalls selling souvenirs are located here...




including this big shop selling magnets...








lol



<3

now, this is the real stall selling REAL LEIS.





the Hawaiian clothing.. just to show u I wont wear it!!



this is for guys...





coconut bikini!!
yeah.. caught me.. got something from AX.. its on sales ok!! :P




tired, had my dinner in the food court again from the Tiki stall.




while watching her dance... :)


they have shows every night i guess, it was tribal dance last night and these tonight.. with the same dancer...


my seafood basket.


Hawaii is after all the states. Foods are like these..


then I had my most exciting buy of the trip: PEARLS


The style of purchasing the pearls are; you pick your own oyster with the unknown amount, color, and shape of pearls in the oyster. For $14.95, you pick one. but if you wanna buy their 14k gold setting, you pick another for free ;)


the lady there was kinda blabling so I just said "ok I'll do it!"


the oysters




busy picking the right one.. got a tip to pick the BIGGEST, UGLIEST and HAIRIEST oyster I can find ;)

sooooo concentrating... ;P




gotcha!



this is a good luck bell the lady will ring for luck after I pick my oyster. I'll knock on the oyster 3 times with the knife, shouting


ALOOOOOOOOOO-HAAAAAA!!!


as loud as I can... @.@


then the lady will open my oyster...



and I got 2 pink pearls in it... yay!!!


she rub it with a cloth with salt, to test its authenticity...


and drill a mini hole in it for the setting...




The setting. now this is the catch. there's only 14k white or yellow gold for the setting. Many types of settings to choose from. necklace, earings, rings, braclets, etc... lots...... Decided to set for a pair of earings cos I can wear it for work. And the cheapest setting, the studs: are USD 60


FUCKING USD 60!!


Rm 200


T________________________T



my USD60 14k white gold earings setting and USD14.95 pink pearls...



but ok lah, cos I got 2 pearls in 1 oyster, so the deal is if i buy their setting I get another oyster for free... :)

Mei Yin and me kept digging and digging in the pail for another biggest and ugliest oyster and... I got another twin too!!





Is champange in color and it seems to have a better price than the pink ones.. decided not to drill or set them, maybe ask mummy if she wants and I get her something for her late late mother's day gift... ;P





next to the pearl stall is the wind spinner stall.. selling aluminium, shinning, coloured cut out that spins in the wind. but damn expensive lor.. somehow I wasnt attracted to it. I got interested in the pearl instead... haha... Mei Yin got 1 for herself..

So... end of the night. Went back hotel, to find Ness telling me she dint go down town after all, went SNORKELING in hanaunuma bay instead!

I really dont understand how she can go alone! no friends, no one to take picture.. yea you are INDEPENDENT but isnt that a lil weird to go alone?

I couldnt understand thai crew after all.. last time to paris, that crew dint wanna go out as well, and it was my first paris trip too.. this time it's her turn! and next hawaii trip I meeting the same paris crew as well!! oh so boring!! im sure she's not going anywhere! I'll sulk going out alone again... :-(

Summore, just because I told Ness its my first time to hawaii, she tought I was a new crew! order me to do work -____________- damn tulan lor! then later when she found out we were around the same time entering this company, she tried talk to me and be more friendlier for our trip back to seoul.. but too late.. she had dissapointed me so I dint even bother to be friendly again! hmph!

excitement level end of the trip 8/10...


ok la... still ok..


next trip, hope I get to go to their cultural village, or snorkelling, or learn to surf.. not to forget... more shopping... haha!


maloha... (tq)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the pearls thing! ur so lucky u got twins... summor diff colour. aih i wish i can go n do that too