Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2 Years @ KoreanAir

Yup, 5th of May - would be that official date I've came to Korea for training 2 years ago, together with Candice, Gyna, Soo, May, LeeChin and Yvonne.. (but then I found out later that our official date is 6th May, cos that's the date we really start our training, which was a Monday...)

Although today, there's only 3 of us left..

This year, we've decided to celebrate abit.. by celebrate we meant eating, by eating we meant the buffet at our Hyatt Hotel..

And you know what? 5th of May is also Korea's Children's Day, and its a government declared public holiday! Wtf right.... and cos of that they are having children's event everywhere, including the hotel! (and due to is a special event, their buffet price also more expensive than usual... not that they have new menus... you see why later..) Korean seniors advise us not to go out today, cos 200% there's gonna be a MASSIVE jam everywhere... sigh... kids... and rich parents...

Convenience store are seling Hello Kitty keychains and mini decos while bakeries are selling kids set cartoon breads and Hello Kitty cakes that are they are so damn adorable!! With free Hello Kitty ink stamp set summore!! Damn cute I tell you!! If im not flying to LA I surely buy ady!! (if I get home and they still have it, I damn sure buying it - for the sake of the ink stamps... -__-)


And cos 1st of May is Labour Day, followed by weekends, and then childrens day, (4 days total) KoreanAir made lots of $$.. all flights are FULL, cos parents will bring their childrens for holiday, and we are not talking local holiday, im talking international cross country holidays!!

Cos its seems that buying properties are expensive here, so parents rather use that cash to travel or for their children's education wtf.. how lucky kids are nowadays.. sigh... who said we are having economy crisis now??

Right... back to the buffet dinner..





Here's me,





And Gyna



Both of us were here in korea today.. We were thinking what to have for dinner and thought lets just go airport and have a look see but then we missed the bus, so we have to wait for the next bus and thought we'd walk over to the restaurant and check out its deco and some wine promotions they are having there..

Then we saw that they have buffet today (buffets normally on weekends only) and thought why not, since it's our 2 years here... we quickly got ourselves a reservation for two at 7pm, and lamely went upstairs for a quick change and makeup (eating buffet surely must dress up and be pretty!! :D also, cos obviously, we are gonna take lots of photos... -__-) I brought a pretty decent dress along this trip cos Im off duty back to KL after LA and have to wear a decent normal clothing during the flight....and I matched it with a pair of boots Im still keeping here cos no place to put it at home wtf -_- , and Gyna wore a top with her new skirt from MNG KLIA... lol...




We grab like lots of expensive food to eat, mainly their cold dish of seafoods, sashimis and meats, cos we are Malaysians mar, paid so much already of course must eat till our stomach cannot put in anymore lor... lol... :P



My sashimi set...


Gyna next to the fountain inside the restaurant...


and like I've said, it's decorated with plastic balls and helium balloons for the "special event"


Even the entrance also filled with adorable balloons...













Look at all those cute balloons and decos.. yes, that's what the restaurant meant "an extended dinner" cos their food are still the very same kind I had on my previous birthday last October... -__-

But I gave them kudos for their creativity with the balloons and deco.. Try getting Hilton KL to do something like that. huh..


Where they get the balloons leh? I also want them!!!!


Nice hor?



Me trying to put my legs up and show my boots but erm.. Gyna dint caught it lor.. I know.. tummy alert!! I was pretty full that time.. after dinner dy.. Next time, take picture BEFORE DINNER!!!



They even have popcorn stands and cotton candies!!
I had once had the urge to buy a mini cotton candy maker from an Australian website... Well luckily postage is too expensive... and I know mummy will KIIIILL me... -O.o-























They actually have kids activity here.. no wonder such a high chargers!


Gyna force this girl to take picture, but she dint know us and dint want to.. We actually expect her to be spontaneous, seeing how she dressed to the max in her outfit and running here and there...
-_-


Desserts.. Waffle topped with Strawberry Ice-cream...



Slurp...


Which flavor you wanna have??

Dunno what are these but they are not delicious anyway..



I know I know... the Sony camera IS NOT a DSLR!! well... imagine ma.. before I really getting mine.. :P




We stole balloons from the fountains! :D


heheh...


Cos cannot carry them home, so must camwhore kau-kau...



I mean I can find a way to deflate the chicken and bring home, but then I dun have the hydrogen gas to inflate it back also... -___-















Ah im senior already!! :D

2 comments:

Esther Ling said...

Congrats to being senior.... after Senior, what is the next promotion and how long it takes?

Alison said...

Haha!! Im just trying to make myself happy... :)

Due to some i-dunno-what problem there haven't been any promotions since 2003... :( my "senior" does not meant anything as my duty will still be the same.. :) now im just waiting to have my own single room (room sharing with other colleagues for the rist 2 years is a must, i dunno y) and im very happy ady!!

how happy..