Thursday, April 30, 2009

Six Flag Park Magic Mountain

Wonder if any of you guys out there played this game before?




Used to play this games while I was still in high school.. maybe in secondary 2 or 3.. where we need to attend a theme park, or an empty land and turn it into a wacky roller coaster theme park with objectives to achive in a certain amount of time or certain amount of budget..



like this...



or this...




In Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, the roller coaster design/ideas came from Six Flags Park. Or something like that.. I forgot.. At first I dint know that Six Flag Parks are REAL roller coaster theme parks in the US, but anyway I did google it then and knew it existed and it is in Chicago.. So I was aiming to go there one day.. (went Chicago a few times but was winter and its not open)

Anyway, back to the game, it was fun you know.. building your own roller coaster and controlling them.. and keep imagining that one day we can ride on the roller coaster we built ourselves.. ;D

Although later on, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 was out, with 3D and we can have camere view of how it feels riding our own roller coaster... but it felt EVEN better when I actually visited Six Flag Park Magic Mountain in LA. (yes later on I also found they have a few of these parks in USA and other countries..)

So here goes.. after all the crapping.. My OWN Six Flag Park Adventure.. :D







Yee Peeeee!!



Once again I planned to stay in the room, but this time my junior roommate from Hong Kong who happens to have an ex-schoolmate here decided to go out. At first she planned to go Disneyland, or Universal Studio, which I've been to before so I dint wanna go but her friend decided to bring her to Six Flags instead so I unshamelessly (I reclined to accompany her to go Disneyland and Univesal Studio which means if her friend cant make it she is going alone but when I heard she's going to Six Flags... ) asked if I could join along.. how unshamelessly Alison is.. sigh..





reaching soon!!





From far already damn excited...






whoa!!








ok this random thingy from buzz lighter got his picture taken cos it keep knocking on me when the car turns.. but its kinda cute so nevermind.. trying to kiss me wtf.. lol..




oh I built this thing once!! And here I see a REAL one!! :D :D :D :D




Ermm... I think I forgot their name.. I tell u thier names once I remember... gosh hope they dont stumble into my blog and read this! :(




First game: X2



Sneak peak:








This is another ride beside it.. Viper.. dint manage to play that though..





but we manage to take pictures.. my HK junior.. I think its Lanny.. good... memory coming back.. :D




That's Tatsu.. :D I'll show you THE FUN later!





Well, just like the game I had once played.. TV are placed in the queue up line with entertainments so people wont get bored.. ;)






more peek -


means we are reaching soon.. 1 more hour.. Oh we queued 2 hours for this! Cos it's a Saturday and heck lots of people are coming here to release some stress!!




oOOoooOO.. Scary...













see what I recorded..









Bored waiting.. took my own shadow... For such a sunny weather.. and its not hot but windy.. hmm..





I remember the guy's name! Matt.. He's working in LA now.. he's a Taiwanese and is dating.. erm.. her.. Lanny's friend.. I know her name starts with P? Peggy? no? ARGH!!!




Gosh.. I took picture with her! And I cant remember her name ady!






hmmm..






Lanny trying to group pic us four.. failed..




This is better..





:)




right on time X2 passes by.. We are so near!!



There! see this vid (recorded by someone else... there are loads of it in YouTube!)





The Goliath stone writing so big, can fit into the camera..
Wanted to try this game but also another 2 hours or queue.. so.. pass!!




there! better! without me in it..





And this Superman - a self-launched rollercoaster


See what I recorded:




See what I found in You Tube:



Cool eh?


No dint get to ride that either. damn lots of people man.. Must choose the best ride among n such a short time there...



Cannot see much but some that's Swashbuckler - like the spinning thing in our Genting..


Why I can remember its name and not Lanny's friend? Cos I still have their map!!! :(





And this is for kids only - tweety like thing that spins kids around in cages.. lol..




Me with Tazmania.. Why must pictures I take with mascot have to be SHARED with other kids? Like spidey-man in Universal Studios??? ergh!



A funny mascot..


And a naughty girl hit him at the back so he came running after her.. But that girl ran into the cafe where he's too big to enter.. lol.. should have recorded it.. :D

And finally,


Tatsu..





The best game ever..




and its an upside down ride!!



Worth the 2 hours queue..


See vid:




This guy went on all the roller coasters and record the point of view - for fun or for their podcast, I dunno but I get to show them here.. heheh..

Well, after that game its kinda dark and since Lanny and me have flights tomorrow morning and the journey back takes 1 hour.. we have to end our trip..
Yes, only 3 rides for the whole 8 hours in there.. each ride need to queue for 2 hours, (and each rides finishes in 2 minutes!) the rest were used to locate the ride, lunch, toilet breaks and walking.. -__-

Although I have no problem coming back here again this whole year, cos I got myself a ticket pass for 1 year! :D They were having promotions for spring/summer USD 59.9 for a year pass.. or USD59.9 for a day pass.. of course we choosed the year pass..







-i love six flags-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

Alison said...

Definately choose Tokyo Disneyland! I heard HongKong 1 is so small and no fun! Unless you r not into thrilling rollercoasters and rides.. :P