Monday, September 28, 2009

Stew Siham

Was groceries shopping with mummy last weekend and passed my a bunch of siham (what is siham in english? shell? what shell?) feeling hungry.. i managed to paster mummy to buy some, while i offered to cook... ;)

I remembered during college days, the groceries shop downstairs of my flat, uncle used to sell lots of siham.. very cheap also.. like RM1 a big big packet..

Then we will just boil it with lemongrass (to remove the smell) and eat with chilli-soy sauce mixture..

-finger lickin' good-

Then one day, Nina, from sarawak, came over to visit and offer to cook her mum's dish.. stewed siham.. It was sooooo delicious I got the recipe from her. I kept it in my "special" recipe book and decided today is the day to try it. :D

Ingredients:

1 Big onions, sliced. 2 cloves of garlic, chopped. and 2 Small onions, chopped.

A stick of lemongrass, chopped into a few smaller pieces. 1 chilly, cut and cleaned (i remove te seed as well cos I dint want it to be too hot) . 1 ginger/yellow ginger(kunyit), cut into strips. 5 tbsp of Oyster sauce (more if not tasty enough), 5 tbsp of Dark Soy sauce, oil, sugar, salt, a shake of pepper, ajinomoto(msg, or optional if u opt for no msg food) water(depending in the amount of siham you're cooking), and of course, Siham

Make sure washed the siham off its dirt first.. soak for a while in water and use a brush to brush away those soil. Especially the "folding" part of the shells...

I have limited pictures.. cos I was busy cooking.. and nobody help me to snap pictures... :(




I snapped the pre-cook pot.. and thats my "recipe" book on top of the wok :P

~So, heat up some oil, and fry garlic, chilly, lemongrass, ginger, small onions until a little brown.
~Add in Siham and put in water, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper.
~Cover the put and let it boil.
~Put in Big Onions
~Serve!

See! so simple.. and delicious.








try it!!! :D



2 comments:

kaYren said...

yummy!
wah~~~ i miss the time where nina and ej cook this dish!

Alison said...

yea~ remember we went down to buy another big bag of siham for Nina to cook again cos it was so tasty? ^_^