Monday, February 28, 2011

Newly done ~

I told ya I'm excited to blog... lol... I manage to "force" myself to scrap a layout! Alison must not procrastinate anymore! Lotsa things to do! (or play)


First Layout..


details...
 I tried to use Distress Ink I just bought and make the white paper "old age".. but I think I dint get it successfully... I think I should have you brown paper instead... Then I punch out the blue flower and layer it, add a pearl in the middle and glitter the petals... ^^

I even tried to emboss the side, but I guess my "embossing stick" dint work well.. lol.. cos it wasn't visible..  

-__-"

Yes, I am too "kiam" to buy those fancy-ready-made-expensive flowers imported from the USA.. at least, not yet.. And I know even if I bought it, I "sayang" to use them and in the end it'll be hoarded.. T_T

I also should have used some fancy papers instead of solid brown T_T.. but I bought like a stack of them!! And I promise myself to finish them and those plastic holders I bought before venturing into 12"x12" Perhaps next time I should layer the background also.. hmmm..



More details added..
 The layout was too empty, and hubby thinks so too, so in the end, I added more pictures of him with funny poses.. I dont quite have any idea how to "masculine" the layout, so I made borders using smaller flower punchers. I tried using just straight cut borders but it was too boring.. must utilise my punchers.. mwahhaha! Oh yeah I have a few flower punchers and it will be even more as time goes by~ Im planning to get more border punchers, scallop punch in different sizes (so I can more more different sizes of flowers) round punches, larger flower punches (largest now is like 1") larger heart punchers... With punchers, I cant repeatedly punch a pattern out again and again, anytime, anywhere.. at least I wont be "sayang" to use them.. hehe...

I know Im hoarding too much punchers.. Until I can afford a die-cut machine that's it! :D (cost at least RM800 for starter kit!!)


Painstakingly stuck them one by one with tweezers and added glitter glue in the middle.. ^^

I some how have repeatedly printed lotsa similar pictures, in different sizes.. which I now regret and learnt my lesson..

At times I wish to get my own photo printer so I can print whatever I want, anytime.. no need to go to the shop to develop pics.. Then again.. I HAVE NO SPACE!!

I'll make sure I have my craft-cum-study room in my future house.. haha


finished product ^^

I know right! more flowers !! hehe.. trying to stick to a pattern and color theme? :P


this time its blinged with diamante..
*note to self - buy more bling-bling @ different sizes! :D

2 comments:

xinli said...

you make me wanna be all crafty again! :D

thought i'd share one of my favourites with you,
http://www.creaturecomfortsblog.com/
they feature some very unconventional designs...


be inspired.
=)

Alison said...

:D its addictive right?