Saturday, March 14, 2009

LA flight, and everything else...

Ok, I FEEL like blogging... although its all gonna be random.. at least im sharing my thoughts.. dunno, maybe staying in the room made me so bored, I've decided to take pictures and blog...

Long post ahead, happy reading ;)

First, Today is White Valentine's Day. That's what they celebrate in Japan and Korea. :)

Valentine's day is observed by females who present chocolate gifts (either store-bought or handmade), usually to a male, as an expression of love. The handmade chocolate is usually preferred by the receiver, because it is a sign that the receiving male is the girl's "only one". On White Day, the converse happens: males who received a "honmei-choco" [chocolate of love] or "giri-choco" [courtesy chocolate] on Valentine's Day are expected to return the favor by giving gifts, usually more expensive. Traditionally, popular White Day gifts are cookies, jeweleries, white chocolates and marshmallows. ~wiki

HAPPY WHITE VALENTINES DAY!!

Im soooo calling my boyfriend now to return me a meal of "one only" home cooked pasta, double the taste. hehehe...


Second, I DISLIKE flights to LA. I dont hate, but dislike.

1. I hate the spooky hotel.

The hotel belongs to the company (they have shares or something) and its REALLY OLD, the tiles are old, the pipes are old, the carpets are old, the beds and lamp shades are old, the lightings are old, even the hair dryer is so old and noisy it vibrates!! And the corridor; comfirm spooky. I have no idea how old is the hotel, but I heard is not "clean" too.. :(

Crews have seen "things", feel "them". Heck, I am still in a room sharing basis, and that crew who shared the room with me kept having nightmares! She was so scared, she shifted to her senior's room, LEAVING ME ALONE!! T____T

I mean, like they have no $$ to renovate? I see the lobby like FULL of people, functions and event, but why cant they just replace the tiles, carpets, curtains and blanket?? Those things are so dull and dark in color, it just add spookiness to the hotel... (This is another hotel that still uses the blankets you find in Genting Hotels, the other hotel is Hawaii, which also belongs to the company... nowadays mostly all 5 star hotels have upgraded to duvet and comforter.. and there they are with those woolly blankets!!

Heck Hiltons are making big renovation, their carpets and rooms are so nice now (atlanta) it just makes me miss flying Atlanta flight!!

And to add more, the tv chanels in LA is so boring and limited, I dont even bother turning the TV on! I have a habit of sleeping with either 1 light on or the tv on if im alone to cover the silence, and I normally tune in to disney chanel or nickelodeon (call me childish cos still watching cartoons but I dont care, they are funny and relaxing and cute) If there are none of those chanels, there are some family chanel with funny comedies!! But LA!! They only have news, sports news, cnn, bbc, weather news, stock news, news again.... sigh...

On the bright side, I love some news channel in the USA. (some, im not talking about CNN) Cos there are not reporting something in a serious tone, there are jokes or funny comments and hyper. Compared to Malaysia's DULL MONOTONOUS UGLY MAN reporting a sport event. Gosh~

WHY cant these 2 hotels gets upgrade too?? (also heard hawaii's hotels are not "clean" too )


2. There aint any shopping center I can go in LA.

The hotel is in downtown, and the only shopping place is a small Macy Plaza, with 1 macy department, 1 VS shop, 1 express, and some mini shops im not interested in. Ok, If I do travel further, maybe there will be a shopping mall, like in Hollywood (havent been there yet) but still, that hotel is in DOWNTOWN!

The Macy is also so small, I cant even find a coach department in there! and their clothes are so aunty!!

I dont hate LA yet, cos I've yet to go California Adventure, Six Flags Park, and the big factory outlet stores.. I heard LA have one of the biggest.. If its not cos im kinda in a financial crisis here, add on with the current economic and currencies, otherwise, there's no reason why I drag flying to LA... sigh...

Anyway.. enough of complains.. Even though I said there's nothing there to shop, I somehow still find myself spending USD100 there.. just like that.




Like helping my mum to get her 70spf sunblock.

Yes, they have these sunblock in Malaysia, but only up to SPF 50 now... and those selling in Malaysia are produced from either Indonesia or Thailand, which somehow have less effect. So the "Pros" said..

I thought they even have it in spf80 or something.. dont remember.. I know those were selling in atlanta....

And though they are not mine, but they are my mum's, which I am buying for her, not helping her to buy... (means im not getting back any $$ from her laaa)




And cos Easter is coming soon, everywhere selling those egg dye and I cant resist myself to get one pack myself... :P

I even wanted to get those plastic eggs and baskets for a Easter hide and seek games for my little cousins, but I know I never have those time.. I'll postpone them for my future kids.. lol...




Oh, M&M's in the shape of eggs and in pastel color.. how often you can find those? Its also buy 1 free 1... hehehehe...






And a cheap mini wax strip.

Thought it might be useful someday.. :P




My monthly Cosmo... And I find this months issue kinda boring... :-/




Hawaian Pizza from California Kitchen.

Opps, 2 pieces kinda digesting in my stomach when I was taking this picture... hehe...

I dunno why food is so expensive in US, this mini pizza (and it's a standard size) cost me USD 11.99 before the tax. And Pizza hut is TOTALLY better than this piece... (you can also see its kinda burnt at the side, I can ask for refund but too lazy to go out again)

I divide this pizza into 3 meals you know T____T

Brunch, dinner, next day breakfast before departure.... *sobsob*

And its either pizza, spaghetti, or American's Chinese Food, which of course.. not as good as those home cooked or even in Malaysia... hmmm... I believe I can even cook better than them... :P






Fake eyelashes

Helped Gyna to get them.. claimed to be made of human hair, and its actually made in Indonesia -____-

Ok. Gyna asked for 4 pairs, I got another pair for myself to try... :P

See, that's all the things I spent, and its already USD 100.. WTF?

And you're saying I have a high paying job??????????????



Anyway... A close up photo of a 747 for you to see..

At the boarding gate, waiting for permission to board, and the plane parked so near to the gate, that's the result... nice hor?



***************************************


And I finally purchased my Ipod Nano.. hehehehehehehehe :D

Its a little cluttered at picture time, cos I was charging it, along with other wires around my laptop (psp, external hardisk, laptop fan...) after using it for the whole day in LA watching movie and listening to musics.. Gotta go buy a travel plug, cos the current charger I have is the usb type, no computer no charge. Also maybe a cover for it, just incase the color got scratched...

After lots of price surveying, I finally bought mine in Korea's duty free shop, which actually cheaper than in the US and Malaysia... :)

I've been complaining for so long that I kinda dont like my shuffle (though its a birthday present I asked :P) cos its only 1 gb, and you cant see or choose the song, there are times I forgot the songs I put in there and wanna check the name, but I cant. And I also found out my shuffle dont play ALL the songs I put in there. (its recorded in Itunes like how many times its played) I kept getting repeated songs im so bored of it.

At least nano I can check out the names, choose what song I wanna play... now even can watch movies (though the screen is small, but its clear) and even play games!! :D

I dint wanna get a classic or Itouch cos I think classic is too big (120gb, my laptop also dun have that much space) And I kinda not interested in Itouch or Iphone (though claimed to have many functions)

The bad thing with apple products, every damn movie or MV have to be converted to mp4 before you can view.. hmmm.. kinda lags my laptop a lot while im converting movies for my overseas trip (cos I dont wanna bring my heavy, bulky laptop and all the troubles when going thru customs checks)

In another random fact, i need to search for a nice pouch to put my travelling nail care stuff. The current one is kinda too full and the insides are actually stained with a few lacquers color due to spilling...




The bag is gonna burst soon

Yes, I need lots of nail care stuff to bring along with me. Do you know how dry is the air in the plane?? There's once I lost my hand cream and so I dint put any in the whole flight, when I was passing the immigration, during the fingerprint check, the officer actually said they cant scan my prints properly cos my fingers are dry... WTF!!

And this pouch is only for me to put my nail colors (include anti chip coats cos working in this kinda job, nails tend to break so often you need something to protect them more..., base coat, color, top coat) and cuticle cutter, nail filer and some other caring gels and creams. I have my hand cream and another cuticle cream in my makeup pouch. sigh...



*************************************



Im sooooo getting my hands on the new limited edition Fresh Blossom from DKNY. The smell is so nice I tell you!!! Its selling at USD70 for 100ml in the US, im now gonna survey around and see if there are any other place with cheaper price... :D









And also the Lovers thing from Gwen Stefani.. Just because the 25ml dolly are soooooo cute!!




And THIS:





LV Monogram Multicolore Speedy Bag.


IS GONNA BE MY FUTURE LV BAG IM AIMING TO BUY.


I mean, other than my Eva Clutch...

I actually never liked Multicolore, but while I was watching Wild Child, Poppy was holding this bag and I found it really nice.

I went to check out the price and guess what?

IT COST A FREAKING EURO 1500!!!!!!


RM 7000!!!!!


Its even more expensive than the normal monogram speedy or damier ones... Cos its specially created by some Takashi Murakami. Who the hell is he??
Remind me to goggle his name someday...
Oh, im also getting the pink skinny and scarf she wore.. :) gonna go shop around soon.. :P
ok im done ranting!

p/s: its impossible for me to get this LV now, not at least a few years time.. :-/

No comments: