Monday, March 30, 2009

Sydney - Trip 2

Like I said earlier, planning is to visit the zoo and see koala bears... And the nearest zoo is a mini one called "WildlifeWorld" in Darling Harbour...




A day view of Darling Harbour... with a odd peace pose.


I wanna to just stand and pose but thought it would be too dull, so just in time to poke 2 fingers out before the camera clicks.

Paid AUD 22.50 (got a crew discount) for the entrance ticket.

too see a lazy alligator tanning itself...


I kinda skipped the beginning part of the zoo cos its all showcases/display of insects and snakes and things eerie I dont like..

except a statue? of a giant lizard... and the photo is blur... :(


I dont understand why? Whenever I help someone to take picture, and results is good, at least, not blur and has proportion... but when other people help me with taking pictures, they tend to be blur, too far, not focused, in proportion... why like that?

im acting im "scared" of the lizard.. blurry photo again!!!







Another type of lizzie.. Climbing up the rocks


By this time, I have once again forgotten most of the names of the animals or reptiles.. bare it with me...


And now..........


KOALA BEARS!!!!! :D


there were 5 koalas there, but all sleeping..


like no head


but actually just hiding its head...


Then I think it sense me taking its picture, it stirred and look at me... :D


So I quickly snap a pic with it.. though its a bit too far and the sun is too shinny.. and another bad proportion picture... :-/


As soon as I snapped this picture, he turn back his head to sleep, and my colleague dint get to take... haha...

Dead asleep


You know what, Koalas sleep for 20 hours a day, and the other 4 hours are used to eat. then they sleep again!




And there was this ancient story in Australia on how Koala came by:


Long long time ago, Koalas are giants. They are really big size, and love to sleep beside the river and eat from the eucalyptus tree around the river.


Boy A and boy B (name forgotten) are 2 mischievous boy. They like to take boomerangs and throw at the giant Koalas, and the Koalas will roll over and fall into the rivers. (Im not sure here wheater they drown or they can swim and climb back to the river bed) Their parents had warned them not to disturb the koalas or they will get rolled over by the giants but they never listen.


One day, they threw the boomerangs to the koalas. The boomerang then was swung to one of the eucalyptus tree, and both of them climbed the tree to get it back. As soon as they are on top of the tree, they turn into Koalas!!! Well, mini koalas..



Well, they were so scared that the giant koalas will come and get them (or roll over them), so they stayed on the tree never dared to come down. And eat eucalyptus leaves as food. So they sleep most of the time on the tree, never dared to come down.


Or something like that.. haha..




Heck, since this might be the one and only time im gonna visit the koalas, I might as well pay to take photo with them...


Just in time he's scratching his butt... -___-


ITS TRUE!! He is scratching its butt!! I was posing and trying to touch it a little and suddenly it woke up and... and..
scratch his butt.. -___________-

Me and Yao Qiong... China crew, junior.. so hard to pronounce her name.. -__-


And see? I PAID to take this picture, and yet the proportion is... sigh.. terrible.. shall I blame the photographer or have to be understanding that he's trying to shot us with that koala high up?? I choose to take the first choice.. hmph!


And I paid another AUD 22.5 for this! Its a AUD 44.5 package with 4 photos shot and 2 same pictures, a Cd and an opportunity to touch the Koalas. And both of us share the amount..


And you're not allowed to carry the koalas! What they do is after the photo shots, the guide showed us to a Koala at the back, sleeping among the bushes and we are ONLY ALLOWED TO STROKE THE BUTT.... with our back fingers... -__- Apparently they are wild koalas, and the only place where we are allowed to carry the koalas are in Queens (which I dont know where) cos they have like 30 koalas all take turns to sleep, eat and exhibit? And here they only have 12 koalas and are not sufficient to do so.. hmmm..

From above, we get to see some kangaroos..




And since its a mini place, its pretty much like a maze, go thru the night living thing before we meet the kangaroos again..


So this is a night thingy that I forgot the name..








And this is not a Joey, but a Wallaby.. smaller kind of kangaroos type..
and the whole field of kangaroos, they are actually all males, cos if there's ONE female there, all of them will fight for her..



Another photo I quite not like... :(


Then proceed to the birds.. and below are just my favourites so I took more of them.. :)





Trying to bite my fingers...





Biting Yao's camera pouch..


a row of them..

more kangaroos from a different angle..




And a cassowary...

wanna climb on top of it but its too high..



cute wallaby!!



and some thing start with W.. dont remember.. but same family as Koala bears.. walrus? ah, dunno..






Simply, there aint any other thing to pose for..


This is .. .. .. not an owl.. some birds that look like an owl.. but its not..


another Koala and its baby..


snakes..



And I TOUCHED IT. O.o..
Oh well, end of zoo visit.. time to go shopping.. :)



haha, I dint go shopping!! :D I just got some dried abalones and scallops.. that cost me AUD100.. :(


Hope its all worth it! *imagine eating them*

No comments: