Thursday, April 28, 2011

Crocheted hat, and more shopping hauls... =P

Here's a sun hat I've promised to do for Candice...






lol.. I was pretty sastified.. I followed the pattern from here... but I added extra lines cos my yarn is a 40g. If I follow that pattern without adding my own lines, I'm afraid this patten will only be suitable for a child's head.. lol... Though my first hat might not be that perfect.. but I think its ok... =P

*ok Im so doing the praising myself here... -__-" *

Anyway, my next hat project is gonna be for my own, and I have bought dark blue yarn for that.. ^_^

I found a yarn shop called "Haby&Wools" in Ampang Park. This shop have more yarn choices.. but of course, nicer yarns is more expensive..  But, of course, it wasn't as expensive as that shop I've visited in Pearl Point Old Klang Road.. -__-'' This shop is apparently been there for a long, long time. I believe so, cos I remember going there for some sequined threads for my self made retro pants for that "Induction 70's Concert" 2005 in college ;)

double knitted yarn 50g
I bought a few of these (RM19.90 each!!) and decided to make some little shoes for Soo's baby girl.. I asked the shop keeper and she said those yarns I used to make the sunhat is too rough for baby's leg.. And of course, I can also use this yarns to make other things. Maybe for my own future baby? =P Or make and sell them... hehe..

I also bought a book there that have some patterns with I would love to try my hands on...


sigh... cost me RM69.90..

But I tried searching this kind of pattern online, and I cant find it, or I'll have to pay for it.. So I might as well invest in this book which have at least 8 patterns inside.. =)

This is an English pattern book.. which means I also have to be careful to know confuse myself (I followed American's pattern and style due to most tutorial in youtube is American's...)



hmmm... you know lace vest is back on fashion? =)

but Im not sure WHEN will I be starting them, or can I even successfully make 1 that is wearable.. lol.. So I spotted some nice lace vest in Nichi that I might get them first.. =P

Jaspal have them too, but waaaay more expensive~


I wanna make this top also!!! =D

************************************************

In another shopping chapter, these are stuff I bought from paperwishes. An online shop in USA... I sent it to Washington, where Gyna collected it for me.. and it nearly went to a whole world before reaching me.. Kinda took 1 month also.. LOL

Ok, it dint go to a whole world, just Korea-Penang-Korea-KL... and finally to my hands from LeeChin.. LOL...


Templates from the company...

I cant afford the Slice Elite yet.. and they have these template where I can trace many kinds of pattern and cut them up.. yes lotsa fussy cuts.. but hey I dont need to get all kinds of punches..

Some cost USD 1 (sales) and other cost up to $6.99.. If I dont remember wrongly~


Alphabets stamps!! =D and some mini stamps.. and a pack of girlie embelishments..

a book of papers for me to play on
Its vintage pattern, and its for me to use when I start to venture to 12x12 LOs.. (is LO = layouts?) apart from its pattern only on 1 side, and slightly thinner paper material (but its written there improved to heavier papers) but its alot cheaper than buying piece by peice..


I think these are like a dollar or so.. so I just click buy.. lol..

I WILL venture to try up soap making in the future.. =P


**************************************************

Okay. Call me silly, or stingy.. but I had an idea to NOT buy the Tim Holts distressing tool.. I used that once in the SnC class.. and it was pretty much like an office stamping tool but have some velcro tapes and foams on it.. So I ask mummy if her office have unwanted old stamps..

Mummy got some back for me (pretty much) and I removed the rubber from the stamp, stick and stapled the velcro on it.. bought a piece of felt form Art Friend and cut them to mini pieces... and....



WALLAH!!! =D
 Who cares if the wooden stamp is a bit dirtied and old? LOL =D



 


You have to pardon the dark look.. my iPhone is not listening to me =(

I did tried it.. looks preeeeety okay on that sample...

Another silly thing I did... I am / might not purchase a die cutting machine.. cos that is very expensive I believe, getting a die cut machine and its many kinds of pattern and the cover thingy to cut the pattern out.. compared to a Slice Elite.. and die cuts can only cut 1 pattern into 1 size.. and of course, space is very important to me...

But I like that TimHoltz tattered flowers very much! Especially I saw many experts out there having them and making very, very nice flowers.. So I came out with this silly idea: I googled for the largest size of TH flower pattern, check out their actual size and resize that picture to their actual size.. then I printed them out, and stuck it onto a hardboard.. and cut them out!! =D

Benefits of a Multimedia Diploma.. haha.. -__-"


Taadaa!!! =D

Looks real right ; )



Well.. it involves more fussy cutting.. cos when I need those flowers, I will have to trace them onto a paper I want to cut, and cut lotsa layers of it (if I need 10 petals, I have to fussy cut each and every piece of it o.O" ) hard work.. but till I have my own cutting machine.. hehehe..

I kinda got this ideas from those templates I bought.. like since I dont own a machine.. why not have template instead.. Of course, I also like TH's bird cage.. but that is TOO MUCH fussy cutting.. Im gonna skip that.. =P


***************************************************

Last but not least for today, I had a LOVELY surprise yesterday!! (not really a surprise, but just didn't expect it..) Suddenly got a call from the postmen in the afternoon, that they have my parcel, in front of my block, I was like "huh" I dint order anything did I? But remembering the date and kinda thought what it was...

MY MARTHA STEWARTS PUNCHES FROM THE USA!!!

=D =D =D =D =D  

*HYPER*



deep edge punch lattice heart


Edger doily lace...

deep edger butterflies...


scalloped dots..


punch around the page combos- vintage florals


punch around the page combo - double heart...
and a leaves punch I forgot to take pic.. =P

So HYPER-LY excited!! =D

Now, I'm not gonna tell you how much I've spent.. but I can say I love end of the month.. hehehe... and no more reason why I don't have this or that to scrap? I hope so..

Im kinda in a brain freeze.. dont know how to scrap.. Im guessing Im putting my aim too high (wanting my LO to look like those experienced experts) and so spending time to coordinate embelishes.. but I forbid myself on getting a kit.. I wanna try coordinate things and colors myself!! Which takes time..

Im trying to listen to those experts out there, dont use too much time on a piece of LO.. hmm.

*finger crossed*

No comments: