Thursday, July 9, 2009

Papa's Day

I've decided to COOK for father's day.. Garfield's fav, Lasagna...

Although... Daddy kinda prefers the Chinese food.. :P Bought all my ingredients all the way from Frankfurt... So it shall be extra delicious.. lol...

So, to make Lasagna, you'll need:



Lasagna pasta..


Cheese and Cream.. I choosed Mozzarella cos its my fav.. :P


And... of course.. Lasagna mix..

Like duh... you expect me to do everything from scratch? Well that's not a problem, considering hundreds of recipes to make Lasagna online.. But its time consuming and have to get more raw ingredients..

For me, I just need chicken fillet...

Of course, I've already minced it here as you see. :)



Me, and my out-of-shape-cos-its-machine-washed home clothes.. mincing the meat.. :P


And had it cooked in the pot with some corn-oil.

Corn oil is so good I tell you... Its healthy, less cholesterol... and it dint make my whole kitchen oily and stuffy.. Its a rule at the Lam's house (actually Mrs Lam's rule) to mop and CLEAN the whole bloody kitchen everytime we cook, especially something oily... That's why im doing less cooking nowadays.. Im trying to avoid cleaning.. And somehow, after cooking using the corn-oil.. the floor is just as clean as before.. Not my judgement ok (mummy always think Im a dirty and cincai person) but mummy said so.. :D

Yay! no need to mop floor!! haha!!

Im so using ONLY corn-oil for my cooking in the future..

Ok back to Lasagna.. After adding some amount of water into the cooked meat, I added in the pre-mixed sauce...

like this..


And stir..

Oh, I thought the sauce look empty.. so I added in some canned mushrooms that I've cut into chunks..





And prepared a Lasagna "bowl"

That was actually a baking pan.. Well, after buying everything only I remembered I dont have a dish to put lasagna into and is bake-proof.. I was about to buy a dish when I saw the baking pan inside the oven.. hehehe.. Luckily the pasta was a small size otherwise I really have to get a dish and my home made lasagna would have cost more that a lasagna in pizza hut. -__-


Laying the sauce in between the pasta sheets..




Like this.. 6 layers of pasta..




And finally, to sprinkle on cream and cheese..

Haha, I was suppose to put on each layer of pasta sauce, cream and cheese but then I mis-read the instruction (which was deutch that I translated online) and only had the cream and cheese on the top. Which... was also kinda better... consdering every layer have cheese and cream this meal is really really high in cholestrol, calories and FAT... *gulp*


And bake for 30 minutes in a 180 celcious pre-heated oven.. :)




End of baking..
Yummyz..... :P *slurp*




Imagine 5 of us (daddy, mummy, sis, bro and me) only had this for dinner..

We are such a small eaters!! This was supposed to be a meal for TWO(2)!! I wanted to make a full course with starter and soups but mummy boiled soup.. lol! Western pasta and Chinese soup!!



Indian mango for dessert?

Anyway.. I know its late...WAAAAAY too late.. but to those daddies out there...

Happy Father's Day ;)

No comments: