Saturday, May 21, 2011

3rd day @ work

I would say I hate cold callings... Perhaps I hate ppl who cold calls me, or the feeling of being rejected... But once I got hold to it.. I mean the trick and tips of convincing ppl to come to the outlets (yea I get paid if someone I called actually comes to a fixed appointement) its kinda ok..

Been starting to cold calls since yesterday morning.. was really hard to do at first, especially I was given old contacts to follow up... its kinda a back up way for the monthly target... cos I am still new.. these are just for "practice".. but this morning, a colleague told me I actually made 50 calls, I was surprised! I did that?? LOL!!

And when I found out 3 of ppl I called and receive call actually came up for that appointment, I was estatic! Until the meeting today (I was in office till 8.30pm for that meeting, my parking $ today was RM12!!).. I got a little stressed when they was like saying "wow! three days here got 3 ppl ady!" Its like they are expecting me to do better than today! What if tomorrow I dont get that much.. its just luck ya know..

I have to practise 1 thing for sure, to pick up calls even before they ring.. cos the other 2 in my group is like seniors.. they are really quick! I havent even identify which number is ringing and they already pick them up! Cos till now I am only giving follow up calls, and not fresh data, while they have it.. so they totally have better $ that me...

Oh well im new I know.. I just wanna rant.. I know I'll soon have those data (like next mth they said) and I'll have to be fully responsible to get target, no help from the other 2 seniors.. now, I shall make myself enjoy "backing up" hmmm..

There are fun and not fun calling.. fun when funny things ppl said to give reasons to not come.. and not fun when ppl actually hang up or get angry and so on..... like eg, today a colleague fixed an appointment for this aunty to go in lot10 at 5pm. Aunty said will ask husband to fetch her. And do call her back to remind her. So when colleague finally manage to call her after many failed attempts of unanswered call, she ask if aunty still wanna go, but aunty's son picked up the phone. said mom went out with dad..

Ask if his mum coming to lot 10, he said no, they are not coming.. then he was stammering unsure how to respond to us... and said want to let her sis to talk to us.. then hang up.

Of course.. my senior-very-pro-colleague called back. this time Im not sure who answered.. but said they are not coming, wanna change the coupon amount she bought to product (which was impossible to change names or even products in this promo) and funny was, aunty "went out".. but he did not put us on hold and said "MA! They said cannot change ppl or exchange for products"

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!

anyway... lesson 1: Do not simply sms for more info, unless you are interested to do so, else you get calls every month persuading you to go their outlet or buy their packages...

No comments: