Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mummy's Day~

Stuff I did for Mummy's day.. lol.. its a rare occasion.. cos previous years of attempt to celebrate with mum comes with a "no thanks" from mum saying I'm wasting $$, or I'm not around... etc....


these are sea salts+lemon+Burt bee's body oil... ^^
I subscribed to Martha Stewart's Craft, and they emailed me ideas to make home made gifts for mom... and I decided to give the bath salt body scrub a try.. heheh...

salt = RM2 (large pack, I only used a little)
lemon= RM1
Burt Bee's Oil = RM55 for 115ml, but I only used like 15ml... the rest can be my moisturiser or body massage oil... ;)  



added in lemon peel and juice for the fragrance and color.


pour in to the jar I got from jusco for RM7.90 (before 15% discount)

tadaaa!!! =D
I know if I buy gift for mum, she'll nag me for wasting $, and going for fancy eateries also gets another no thank you... cos some how mummy never believe in celebrating lavishly.. lol.. and I'm jobless right now to not be able to do it lavishly~ hehehe...

So Mei and me decided to make things homemade this year..

I made a card too... =P
Yes, I have time to make another card too ;) I came upon this idea from the internet, but I forgot where.. so there.. I'm not original.. just in case the "designer" of this card did see my post, here, I said thank you for your inspiration =P

yes ;)

I made the pot's pattern with one of the templates I bought from paper wishes, and sponge in my pink ink.. then I drew borders with brown ink pen around the sponged pattern (cos I feel pink is not that visible from the yellow card)

The flowers are thick precut cardboard flowers I bought from Target in Atlanta (yes I still remember) its a large pack with many many different card flowers... Well.. kinda out dated now, cos I bought and kept it so long, hoarding it not willing to use cos just-in-case-i-finish-it-and-cant-buy-them-again-anymore wtf but now I have to make more use of them and be done with it.. -__-"

And the flowers were a bit tad boring, so I stick on layers with smaller flowers, added rhinestone and tried to glitter them with the popular glitter glue I bought (no idea if its acid free or not)



I stamped the message with my new acyclic alphabet stamps, and some flowers and butterflies rubber stamps from popular also..lol.. I pretty much got a few rubber stamps from popular earlier, cos I thought stamps in scrap booking store is too expensive... T_T but then now I pretty much own a load of them... =P temptations...

Mummy's breakfast... ^^
Yes, Mei and me got up as early as 7.30am this morning to fry some heart shaped eggs and hot dogs.. I cut the cucumbers and gardenia bread to heart shape too... hehehehe...

Well.. its a successful idea for mummy who always "no thanks" us... lol! She was.... "touched" (cos I don't know is it a sincere one or not.. she looked fake doing the "touched" look.. LOL!!)

**************************

btw.. here's my upcoming layout:

TH "dies" I traced on some gold paper

Pretty much old wrapping paper I bought in college years...



Hibiscus?

These are large flowers from here... using large and medium "dies"... and the stamen from the mcgill punch I got...

This is another rose flower I learnt from youtube
Using the same range of dies also.. so stay tuned for my layout very soon ;)


**********************************

And I couldn't resist posting this... hehehe...


hehe.. I saw it in youtube once.. and I saw it from anonline store.. I got it... >.<  for RM39.9... a bit ugly though.. I already colored the pink cat eyes to black.. and later might "alter" it my way.. hehehe.. It was pretty fun earlier, trying to put in 50cents coins.. But the box couldn't fit much coins.. kinda full ady.. =( 

oh well.. time to sleep! I woke up too early~!

No comments: